Cleverly vs Jack: Badou Jack dismisses Nathan Cleverly's tough reputation ahead of WBA title fight
By Richard Damerell
Last Updated: 24/08/17 10:10pm
Badou Jack has warned Nathan Cleverly that his "tough" reputation will not be enough to prevent defeat in this weekend's WBA title fight.
Jack is stepping up a division to challenge Cleverly for the WBA 'regular' light-heavyweight belt on the Floyd Mayweather-Conor McGregor undercard in the early hours of Sunday morning, live on Sky Sports Box Office.
The Welshman has proven his battling spirit in a number of brutal bouts, but 'The Ripper' refused to be intimidated by the seasoned champion.
I've got a tough fight in front of me. A very tough guy, but tough ain't enough.
"I asked for the big fight and they gave it to me," said Jack.
"I'm going to be a two-division world champion come Saturday. I've got a tough fight in front of me. A very tough guy, but tough ain't enough.
"He said 'welcome to the light-heavyweight division. I'm too big and strong!'
"Okay, listen, I'm almost 34 years old. When you was a teenager, I moved up to light-heavyweight in the amateurs. I've been fighting big guys my whole life."
Jack, who previously held the WBC super-middleweight belt, holds a points win over George Groves and battled to a draw with IBF champion James DeGale in January before deciding to move up in weight.
"I'm just excited. I'm going to bring home the title to Vegas," he added.