Bellew: No dramas this time
Tony Bellew admits there will be no repeat of earlier pre-fight antics at Wednesday's final press conference ahead of Friday's fight.
Last Updated: 25/04/12 2:53pm
Tony Bellew admits there will be no repeat of his earlier pre-fight antics at Wednesday's final press conference ahead of Friday's fight.
Bellew will defend his British light-heavyweight title against Danny McIntosh at Liverpool's Echo Arena in his first outing since losing for the first time to Nathan Cleverly.
'The Bomber' repeatedly exchanged words with Cleverly before they climbed into the ring, with one incident in particular when Bellew had been drafted in at the last minute, only for the fight to be cancelled after the Liverpudlian failed to make the weight.
And he says that the weight loss contributed to his erratic behaviour on that occasion.
"I've had one crazy press conference in all my years and that was basically down to the fact that I'd lost 16lb in 24 hours, and I was trying to lose another 5-6lb on top of that," he told Sky Sports.
"It was just a moment of madness and when someone says I'm going to take you to the car park that's just the reaction you're going to get out of me.
"I'm past all that to be honest. Press conferences are to announce a fight and to maybe to look in somebody's eye, but that's about all.
"The only thing that matters to me is becoming world champion at light-heavyweight. It's tough making weight, I don't make the weight easy. I lose 2lb a week every week and don't leave it to the last minute.
"Everybody who knows me knows I live the life and I prepare properly. I can't afford any slip-ups and I need to win and also need to look good winning."