DWP Savvy Saver Competition
Terms and Conditions
Last Updated: 01/10/12 11:11am
1. This promotion is open to UK residents aged 18 and over. Proof of age may be required. Employees (or family members of employees) of any British Sky Broadcasting Group company ("Sky"), the Department of Work & Pensions ("DWP") or any agencies involved with the competition, and all affiliates of such companies may not enter the Promotion.
2. You can enter the competition by going to www.1skysports.com/dwp/competitions and answering the multiple-choice question. The promoter does not accept responsibility for network, computer or software failures of any kind, which may restrict or delay the sending or receipt of your mail. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
3. This promotion opens at 11.00am on 1 October 2012 and the closing date is 12:00 midnight on 30 November 2012.
4. One entry per person. Entries sent in through agents or third parties will be disqualified. Early, late, incomplete or otherwise ineligible entries will be disqualified.
5. Your entry must include your name, address (including postcode), your contact telephone number, email address and answer to the question.
6. There will be one winner. Winner will be selected randomly from all the entrants that gave the right answer to the question. The random draw will be held within 7 days of the closing date. Winner will be informed within 7 days of selection and winner must accept within two weeks.
7. Winner will receive the following prize: Football kits, including: 13 x football strips (shirt, shorts and pair of socks); 2 x goalkeeper strips (shirt, shorts and gloves); 4 x footballs; 15 x pairs of shin guards; captain's armband; cones; pumps; and bibs. Prizes supplied by, and courtesy of, Sky Sports.
8. There is no cash alternative to the prize and unless agreed otherwise in writing the prize is non-refundable and non-transferable.
9. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equivalent or greater monetary value if this is necessary for reasons beyond its control.
10. Except in the case of death or personal injury arising from its negligence or in respect of fraud and so far as is permitted by law, the Promoter and each of its associated companies and agents exclude responsibility and all liabilities arising from any postponement, cancellation, delay or changes to the prize details beyond the Promoter's control and for any act or default of any third party supplier.
11. The terms and conditions of any other third party supplier will also apply to the prize where applicable. If there is a conflict between third party terms and conditions and these terms and conditions, these shall take precedence.
12. The Promoter will not be liable for any prize(s) that do not reach the winners for reasons beyond the Promoter's reasonable control.
13. If the winner cannot be contacted within a two weeks or are not able or available to accept the prize for any reason which is beyond the Promoter's reasonable control, then the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to another entrant.
14. The Promoter's decision is final and binding in all respects on all entrants. No correspondence will be entered into. Entries that do not comply in full with these entry terms and conditions will be disqualified.
15. Details of the winner's first name and county will be available for one month after the close of this promotion by writing to the Promoter at the address below and stating the name and date of the promotion.
16. The name and photograph of the winner may be used by the DWP for post-event publicity purposes including (for example): a press quote; interview by local press; and positive social media mentions where the winner has a social media account. This will be without additional remuneration. Winner may decline to do this without affecting the outcome of this competition.
17. Personal Data:
17.1. In addition to the use specified above, the Promoter will retain, use and share each entrant's personal details on the following basis:
17.1.1. for the purpose of administering the promotion;
17.1.2. to facilitate the supply of prizes (in this case data may be transferred to other entities for the purpose of supplying the prizes);
17.1.3. where appropriate consents have been received at the point of entry for this prize promotion, for the purposes outlined paragraph 18 below; and
17.1.4. so that that Sky and DWP (as provider of the prize) may assess the marketing value of this promotion.
19. Entrants must not be nor have been the subject of a benefit fraud case and by entering this Competition entrants provide their express permission for DWP to access its internal systems and conduct a search to verify that this is the case. Any entrant found to have been the subject of a benefit fraud case shall be immediately excluded from the Competition.
20. The Promoter may refuse or disqualify any entry (including winning entries) if the entrant concerned or anyone authorised by the entrant to deal with their entry, acts in a way towards the Promoter or Sky staff which the Promoter reasonably considers to be inappropriate, unlawful or offensive. If the winning entry is disqualified the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to another entrant.
21. Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions and agreed to be bound by them when entering this Promotion.
22. This Promotion, and any dispute or claim (including any non-contractual dispute or claim) arising out of or in connection with it, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. You irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this Promotion.
Promoter: British Sky Broadcasting Limited, Grant Way, Isleworth, Middlesex TW7 5QD.