David Lloyd Headlines
It was freezing cold at Taunton last week but Somerset and Warwickshire played a heck of a good match and I was impressed with the energy in the game.
So England survived and held on to draw the series in New Zealand, but survival was not what they really came here to do.
David Lloyd says England have been punished for a poor attitude and approach in New Zealand.
Despite England's 'terrific' bowling effort New Zealand are still slight favourites for victory, says Bumble.
Bumble enjoyed a special day for Nick Compton and another ton for the machine-like Alastair Cook.
The T20 and ODI matches I've seen out here have been really entertaining and it has to be said, New Zealand really knows how to put an event on.
England need to re-think their tactics after crashing to a 55-run defeat to New Zealand in the second T20 international, in Hamilton, says David Lloyd.
More David Lloyd:
- Bumble blogs on why Rikki Clarke should be in England Test team for New Zealand Tour
- Bumble says that England have to re-think how they play spin as they lost the third ODI against India
- Bumble blogs on trains, planes and awful ideals for England's bowlers in India
- Bumble says top teams are now using ODIs to rest big names and nurture emerging talent
- Bumble remembers Tony Greig and Christopher Martin-Jenkins as unique characters
- England looked like a team resting on their Test laurels in the first T20I, says Bumble
- Bumble blogs on how Alastair Cook has overseen seamless transition for England in India
- Bumble blogs on India's fitness concerns and his efforts to train up as a Yorkshireman
- Bumble blogs on Ricky Ponting's retirement and says he'd be wonderful asset to county cricket
- Bumble blogs on getting up early and why Jonathan Trott may need to be rested
- In the Nick of time
- Bumble blogs on key players in England-India series and impact of spin for both sides
- Bumble's blog: The Compton-Root debate, England's hopes in India and how Beefy fell foul of an exploding tap
- How the best was fun: Bumble blogs on the party spirit that saw the West Indies win the ICC World Twenty20
- Fault lines
Check out the grounds and cities hosting England Down Under this winter
From Bradman to Botham we look at historic matches and colourful characters from series gone by