Sky Cricket Podcast: Marcus Trescothick on 2005 Ashes series and his cricketing beginnings
Last Updated: 18/05/17 12:39pm
Former England opener Marcus Trescothick joins Rob Key in a Sky Cricket podcast special to talk about the 2005 Ashes series triumph and his cricketing beginnings.
Tresco's earliest memories are of a 'bigger lad' who could hit the ball harder than others at junior level, and recounts fond memories of his time in the England Under-19 team - a side featuring Andrew Flintoff and Michael Vaughan, among others.
That trio would ultimately team up again to great success in England's unforgettable 2005 Ashes win, with Trescothick particularly highlighting the team's change in mindset in the series.
Also up for discussion...
- Trescothick's relationship with his opening partners in the England team, including Michael Atherton and Andrew Strauss
- Who is the fastest bowler and best spinner he has ever played?
- His beginnings with Somerset and how he was spotted by then Glamorgan coach Duncan Fletcher
- His first series for England and then tour of the sub-continent
- Struggles touring Australia and New Zealand
- Any career regrets?