No IPL worries for Watson
Shane Watson says he has "no reservations at all" about playing in the IPL.
Last Updated: 08/03/09 1:04pm
Shane Watson says he has 'no reservations at all' about playing in the Indian Premier League with the Rajasthan Royals despite Tuesday's horrific gun attack in Lahore.
The gun attacks on the Sri Lankan team bus in Pakistan has cast doubts on all cricket taking part not only in the country but in neighbouring India.
England's tour of India was temporarily stopped by terrorists in Mumbai, but with now cricketers specifically targeted, the danger to IPL players has increased greatly.
However, Australian all-rounder Watson has no problems taking up his lucrative contract with the Royals.
"Our owners and our franchise made sure our security is really ramped up," he said. "I felt extremely comfortable there last year. I've got no reservations at all.
"I know Rajasthan is great looking after us as a team and I know the IPL will be going totally out of their way to make sure guys feel secure.
"Personally I'm not going to be running away from what opportunities lie for me and my cricket.
"So I'm not going to be running scared."
Brett Lee, Nathan Bracken, David Hussey, Brad Hodge and David Warner have also reportedly pledged to play in this year's IPL.
England batsman Paul Collingwood is also upbeat about playing in the IPL, while no players have official said they would not be going as yet.
"As things unfold we will know more about what is being put in place by the IPL," Collingwood said.
"But having been back to India before Christmas the security we had felt pretty good and at this stage I'm continuing as normal."