Ashes: Joe Root ready to fulfil Test dream as David Warner row is consigned to history
Joe Root has consigned the David Warner incident to the past as he prepares to fulfil a boyhood dream this summer.
Last Updated: 01/07/13 11:34am
The Yorkshire batsman was unwillingly dragged into the spotlight earlier this month when Australia's Warner was suspended for throwing a punch at him in a Birmingham bar.
Root has since made headlines for his batting ability, which looks certain to earn him a spot opening alongside Alastair Cook when the Ashes series begins on July 10.
The pair will test out their fledgling partnership in the warm-up game against Essex which starts on Sunday, and Root's focus now is on the summer ahead.
He said: "It's all done now. I hope we can move on. David Warner has apologised, and I've accepted it. As far as I'm concerned, that's all behind us.
"It's not ideal, but you've just got to try to concentrate on your cricket. I managed to do that, and hope I can take the confidence from that into the rest of the summer."
On the prospect of walking out to bat on the morning of the first Test at Trent Bridge, he said: "It's what I always dreamt of, growing up. That's what you want to play in - those big occasions."