Peter Sagan steals show at UCI Cycling Gala in Abu Dhabi
By Matt Westby
Last Updated: 19/10/16 12:10pm
Peter Sagan stole the show at the end-of-season UCI Cycling Gala in Abu Dhabi.
The newly crowned world road race champion attended wearing a black suit with red tie, red socks, trainers, a hat and a walking cane.
The 26-year-old Slovakian was called on to the stage twice, once to be recognised for winning the world title for the second year in succession on Sunday, and again for finishing the year top of the UCI WorldTour rankings.
(Picture: @petosagan on Instagram)
Other awards went to:
- Movistar: Winners of the UCI WorldTour team classification.
- Spain: Winners of the UCI WorldTour nations classification.
- Megan Guarnier: Winner of the UCI Women's WorldTour.
- Boels-Dolmans: Winners of the UCI Women's WorldTour team classification.
- Katarzyna Niewiadoma: Winner of the UCI Women's WorldTour young rider classification.
The UCI Cycling Gala took place ahead of the four-day Abu Dhabi Tour, which starts on Thursday.