Dave Chisnall hopeful he can qualify for Premier League Darts Finals Night
By James Dielhenn
Last Updated: 11/05/17 11:18am
Dave Chisnall remains confident he can qualify for Premier League Darts Finals Night despite needing Phil Taylor to gift him entry.
Fifth-placed Chisnall requires a win against James Wade on Thursday in Aberdeen, live on Sky Sports from 7pm, but also needs Taylor to lose to Adrian Lewis to clinch the final place.
I've given people some chances recently and they've take it and I can't afford to do that with James.
"I'm relying on other results but I'm still in with a chance and it should be exciting," said Chisnall.
"It's been good in recent weeks and I've been feeling great. I've been playing well for a while now so we'll see what happens this week and hopefully I can play well again.
Premier League permutations
- Phil Taylor will qualify if he avoids defeat against Adrian Lewis
- Dave Chisnall must beat James Wade AND Taylor lose to Lewis, with a 10-leg swing in the process
- If Chizzy wins 7-0, Taylor can afford to lose 7-4
- If Chizzy wins 7-3, Taylor can afford to lose 7-1
- If Chizzy wins 7-1, Taylor can afford to lose 7-3
- If Chizzy wins 7-4/7-5, Taylor can afford to lose 7-0
- If Chizzy wins 7-2, Taylor can afford to lose 7-2
"James is a top quality player, one of the best finishers in the game and I can't give him a chance. I've given people some chances recently and they've take it and I can't afford to do that with James."
Taylor remains the favourite to cling into fourth place and join Michael van Gerwen, Peter Wright and Gary Anderson in next week's finale at The O2.
"I'm in a good position but I've still got to perform," said Taylor. "I'm trying to get to The O2 and if I get there then it will be fantastic to be involved.
"I'm not banking on anything because Adrian could come out and put in a massive performance - there's no pressure on him now that he can't qualify."