Jenson Button confirms his 2014 McLaren contract is now in place
2009 World Champion tells Sky Sports F1 "it's done"
By James Galloway
Last Updated: 19/09/13 3:56pm
While there has never been any serious doubt over Button's position at the team for next season, it emerged at the Belgian GP last month that that the option McLaren had on the Briton's services for next season under the terms of his existing contract had yet to be officially activated.
Button told Sky Sports News in Singapore on Wednesday that there was "no issue" between either party over the state of his contract, and on Thursday went one step further by telling Rachel Brookes : "It's done, I'll be here next year."
Button, however, was coy over whether a longer-term deal to take in 2015 - when Honda return to the team to provide engines - had also been agreed at the same time, simply saying "I can't say".
The expectation that McLaren will field an unchanged line-up next season had already appeared to be one step closer to an official announcement on Thursday after Sergio Perez said in the Singapore GP Drivers' Press Conference that "everything is pretty much done" for his own 2014 deal and he and the team were now just in the process of finalising the paperwork.
McLaren Managing Director Jonathan Neale told reporters on Wednesday that the team would get round to making their 2014 plans known "pretty soon", speculation having suggested the team have also been working on Button's longer-term future at Woking.