Premier League clubs could see international broadcasting rights rise by 15 per cent a year
By Sky Sports News
Last Updated: 05/10/17 10:22pm
Premier League clubs could see the value of their international broadcasting rights rise by as much as 15 per cent a year over the next decade, Sky Sports News understands.
The league's 20 clubs discussed projections that three-year deals in more than 60 territories around the world could produce growth in revenue of between 40-45 per cent.
The Premier League currently receives more than £1bn a year from all overseas deals, which it shares equally between its clubs.
It is understood that the league's executive chairman Richard Scudamore will look to conclude discussions over the proposals at their next summit on October 26.
The Premier League has proposed that 35 per cent of international television revenue should be allocated according to where a club finishes in the table, with the remaining 65 per cent distributed equally to all clubs.
Sky Sports News understands Manchester City, Manchester United, Tottenham, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool were joined by Leicester, Everton and West Ham in favour of a change to the current equal distribution of cash.
Some clubs with the highest revenue believe they should receive a greater slice of international money, in line with their global marketability and investment.
Fourteen clubs are needed to agree before any changes are approved.
SuperSport, the main sports broadcaster in Southern Africa, has agreed to improve the £84m a year they paid for 2016-19 to a £168m a year deal for 2019-2022.
Extraordinary growth has also been seen in China, where PPTV will pay £180m a year for 2019-2022, up from the £13m per annum now paid by SSMG.
Fantasy Head to Head
Challenge a mate in our brand new Fantasy Football head-to-head mode. Play for free!