Hart rejects Nugent rumours
Paul Hart has moved to play down reports which have suggested David Nugent will never play for Portsmouth again.
Last Updated: 10/08/09 11:12am
Portsmouth boss Paul Hart has played down reports which have suggested David Nugent will never play for the club again.
The 24-year-old's time at Fratton Park appears to be numbered after he was sent home from a pre-season tour of Portugal for fighting with team-mate Marc Wilson.
It had been speculated Nugent, who the club are ready to listen to offers for, had been informed he would never wear Pompey colours again.
Nugent played no part at the weekend against Rangers, which only intensified talk of a possible departure with Stoke City reportedly interested.
However, Hart has now confirmed his absence was due to injury and that talk of an impending exit is premature.
Hart told The News: "What happened in Portugal was dealt with straight away. It's finished.
"I've never said David would not come back into the first team. On Saturday he had a toe injury."