Redknapp denies Keane concern
Harry Redknapp insists the arrival of Eidur Gudjohnsen will not hamper Robbie Keane's first-team chances.
Last Updated: 30/01/10 12:20pm
Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp insists the arrival of Eidur Gudjohnsen will not hamper Robbie Keane's first-team chances.
Iceland international Gudjohnsen completed his White Hart Lane move on Friday to become the fifth striker at Spurs alongside Jermain Defoe, Peter Crouch, Roman Pavlyuchenko and Keane.
Pavlyuchenko is the subject of intense transfer speculation, and Tottenham are holding out for their valuation of the player after rejecting a £10million offer for the Russian from Birmingham City.
Keane has scored nine goals this term but four of those came in one match against Burnley earlier in the campaign.
But Redknapp says the Irishman, who has been on the bench for the last three games, is not concerned about the situation.
"No, Robbie has not been to see me, not at all and there have been no calls for him," he told The Sun.
Gudjohnsen moves to North London on loan from Monaco until the end of the season and Redknapp believes the extra competition for places at the Lane can only be a good thing.
He added: "It's all competition for places. I could play different systems with him. He's a good player to have around.
"I don't think the other players will take it the wrong way. But it keeps them on their toes. They've got to do well to stay in the team."
Tottenham will be looking to boost their chances of finishing in a UEFA Champions League spot when they travel to St Andrews to play Birmingham on Saturday.