Baggies continue Koumas chase
Roberto Di Matteo says talks are ongoing over a deal to bring Wigan midfielder Jason Koumas back to West Brom.
Last Updated: 17/02/10 11:12am
Roberto Di Matteo has confirmed talks are continuing over a deal to bring Wigan Athletic midfielder Jason Koumas back to West Bromwich Albion.
Baggies boss Di Matteo revealed last week that he is keen to sign the Welshman on loan, with Koumas having struggled for first-team football at Wigan this season.
He has started only six games in the Premier League and Roberto Martinez has suggested he is willing to let the 30-year-old go out on loan.
Martinez has admitted two clubs are interested in Koumas, with West Brom one of the teams hoping to sign the former Tranmere man.
West Brom's pursuit of Koumas is ongoing and Di Matteo confirmed he is working hard to add a fresh face to his squad.
"We are working away, but it's hard for us to bring the right players in," said Di Matteo after Tuesday's 1-1 draw at Cardiff.
"Regarding Koumas, he's a player we are interested in. We've been in touch, it's not a done deal yet, but we're working on it."