Roma admit Behrami bid
Roma's legal representative has revealed the club made a late, unsuccessful attempt to sign Valon Behrami.
By Simone Bargellini
Last Updated: 01/09/10 9:44pm
Roma's legal representative Antonio Conte has revealed the Serie A club made a late, unsuccessful attempt to sign West Ham winger Valon Behrami.
Switzerland international Behrami, who arrived at Upton Park two years ago from Lazio, had been linked with a move to the Italian outfit this summer.
But Roma lawyer Conte says the club's advances for the 25-year-old were in vain as they failed to agree a deal before the transfer window slammed shut on Tuesday.
"(Roma's) President Rosella Sensi and other executives tried to sign Behrami yesterday," Conte told Centro Suono Sport.
"(Roma sporting director Daniele) Prade tried until the end but there were problems of time as well as some missed assignments that were required for Roma to conclude the deal."
Meanwhile, Cesena were also targeting Behrami, but chairman Igor Campedelli says the winger had already set his sights on a more high-profile move, indicating he could be poised for a January switch.
"We wanted the player because our coach (Massimo Ficcadenti) knows him well," Campedelli told calciomercato.it.
"He said no because he had already given his word to bigger clubs."
Campedelli also slammed the behaviour of centre-back David Rozenhal and his agent after a potential deal fell through and the stopper ended up joining Lille on loan.
"I'm disappointed and a bit angry about the non-arrival of Rozenhal," he added.
"Until Monday we had an agreement with the player and his agent, everything was prepared. Then yesterday we learned that they agreed with another club, Lille.
"They didn't behave well because, I repeat, everything was done."