Hodgson denies striker interest
Roy Hodgson has dismissed reports that he was interested in signing Ricky van Wolfswinkel this summer.
Last Updated: 30/09/10 11:35am
Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson has dismissed reports that he was interested in signing Ricky van Wolfswinkel earlier this summer.
The Reds face Utrecht in the Europa League on Thursday, and Van Wolfswinkel will be leading the line against the Anfield outfit.
Some reports claim he could have been lining up against his former club, if Hodgson had got his way and signed the 21-year-old Dutch international.
"He is doing very well with Utrecht but I would be lying if I said we seriously considered signing him," said Hodgson.
"There was no question of him coming this summer.
"You've hit me with a name that I didn't know we were linked with."