Faubert refutes 'walk-out' claims
Julien Faubert has rejected claims he walked out on West Ham as he was not starting against Birmingham.
Last Updated: 08/02/11 9:29am
West Ham defender Julien Faubert has rejected claims he walked out on the club after being informed he would not start against Birmingham.
The Frenchman turned up at Upton Park ahead of Sunday's clash although it had been suggested that he departed without telling anyone after failing to make Avram Grant's starting XI.
Faubert has now voiced his side of the argument stating The Hammers knew he would be leaving having been informed there were no injuries prior to James Tomkins being injured in the warm-up.
It has also been suggested that West Ham tried to bring Faubert back to the ground following Tomkins' injury and the 27-year-old insists he had an urgent family matter to attend to.
"It was a misunderstanding," he told The Sun. "They asked me to go to the ground just in case there was an injury.
"When I arrived they told me there was no problem and I wasn't in the squad.
"I told the chief physio I was leaving and he said 'OK, see you next week'.
"On my way home my wife Pamela called and told me she'd taken my little son to hospital because he had a chest infection and I had to take care of my eldest because there was no one to look after him. I had to go and pick him up to take him home."