Howe unhappy with speculation
Burnley boss Eddie Howe is remaining quiet on speculation linking Jay Rodriguez and Danny Fox with Southampton.
Last Updated: 08/08/11 5:31pm
Burnley boss Eddie Howe is remaining quiet on speculation linking Jay Rodriguez and Danny Fox with a move to Southampton.
Reports last week suggested that the Saints had made a £4million bid for the Clarets duo.
Left-back Fox, 25, signed for the Turf Moor club in 2010 while they were still in the Premier League, although his deal is not due to expire until June 2013.
Attacker Rodriguez, 22, came through Burnley's youth team and is now a first team regular for Howe's side.
Both players were in the starting line-up for their draw at home to Watford on Saturday.
Howe has denied that the pair are on the verge of a move and says he is frustrated by the speculation.
He told the Lancashire Telegraph: "I don't know anything about it. It's not ideal."
Saints manager Nigel Adkins has not commented on the reports after seeing his side beat Leeds United 3-0 at the weekend.