Hughes waiting to act on Barton
Mark Hughes will wait to see the Attorney General's next move before taking any action against Joey Barton for his Twitter comments.
Last Updated: 06/02/12 11:01am
QPR boss Mark Hughes says he will wait to see the Attorney General's next move before taking any action against Joey Barton for his comments over the John Terry case.
Chelsea captain Terry is accused of racially abusing QPR defender Anton Ferdinand in the West London derby game back in October.
The defender, who was stripped of the England captaincy for the second time by the Football Association last week, denies the charge and will stand trial after the European Championship in July.
Barton used social networking website Twitter to post views on the situation on Friday and the office for Attorney General Dominic Grieve has since been alerted to his tweets.
Rs boss Hughes says he is waiting to see what Grieve does next before acting.
He told the Fulham & Hammersmith Chronicle: "I'll wait and see and if that's the situation (that Grieve acts) - then it's a different conversation we need to have.
"Sometimes issues in some minds become more focused when things aren't going well - and they (tweets) become an irritation, but we're not at that point yet."