Soccer AM Dance Off 2014 competition - Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions for Soccer AM's Dance Off 2014 competition.
Last Updated: 02/11/13 9:46am
1. This promotion is open to all UK, residents aged 16 years or over. Proof of age may be required. Employees (or family members of employees) of any British Sky Broadcasting Group company ("Sky"), companies associated with the Promotion and all affiliates of such companies may not enter the Promotion. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or any other form of Social Media.
2. To enter this competition, entrants must submit a video entry of themselves dancing, being no more than 15 seconds in length, using ANY platform, however the link must be sent via email OR twitter. Email applications must include Name, address, age and full contact details. Twitter entries should simply follow Soccer on Twitter and will be contacted by Direct Message if necessary.
The promoter does not accept responsibility for network, computer or software failures of any kind, which may restrict or delay the sending or receipt of your entry. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
Parental/Guardian consent must be obtained for entrants under the age of 18 confirming their acceptance of these terms and conditions on behalf of their child. Sky may contact the entrant using the contact details provided to confirm that such consent has been obtained. Where Sky is unable to confirm that such consent has been obtained, the entry will be invalid and will not be entered into the competition.
3. By submitting your video:
a. You confirm: (i) the video is a video of you and that the video was taken by yourself or in the event that it was taken by a third party, you have the consent of that third party to submit the video in question, (ii) the video does not and shall not infringe any copyright or other third party rights, laws or regulations and (iii) your video will only feature you and will not feature any other individuals. Entries which feature more than one person will be invalidated and will not be entered into the Promotion but may still be shown on Soccer AM. If the promoter believes the entrant to be younger than 16 then the entry will be invalid.
b. You grant the Promoter a worldwide, non-exclusive, transferable, royalty free right to use, copy, distribute, edit, sub-license, communicate to the public and otherwise make use of the video by way of any and all media. You waive any right to approve uses of the video prior to such use.
c. You agree to reimburse the Promoter's reasonable expenses resulting from any third party claim arising from the use of the video
4. This promotion opens on 2nd Nov 2013 and all entries must be received by 23:59 on Sunday 24th Nov 2013.
5. Voting is limited to one entry per person. Entries sent in through agents or third parties will be disqualified. Late, incomplete or otherwise ineligible entries will be disqualified.
6. Any entries containing nudity, obscene gestures, language and/or swearing will be disqualified from the Promotion, however pursuant to clause 3 above, the entry may still be shown on Soccer AM. For the avoidance of doubt, this shall not include obscene language and/or swearing that forms part of the musical backing track.
7. 12 winner(s) will be selected, from all correct and eligible entries received, on or around 26 November 2013. These 12 winners will be announced live on Soccer AM on 30 November 2013, at which point they will be entered into the next stage of the competition. During the next stage of the competition the viewing public can vote from 30 November to 23.59 Wednesday 4th Dec 2013 for their favourite of the 12 selected winners videos. The 6 videos with the highest votes will be announced on Soccer AM on December 7th and the finalists will be entered into the final stage of the competition. The final stage of the competition is a live dance off on Soccer AM on Saturday Dec 14th whereby the viewing public can vote for their favourites during the show. The winner with the most votes will be announced on that show and invited to take part in the annual Soccer AM Dance off on Sat Jan 11th 2014
8. In order to choose the 12 winners, a minimum of 50 videos will be selected at random from all eligible entries. The selection will then be judged by a panel made up of Soccer AM producers and an independent judge and will be based on the following criteria: funny, energetic, inventive, novelty appeal and dancing ability. The Promoter reserves the right to not award prizes if qualifying criteria is not met.
Voting is limited to one vote per device on a contestant.
9. All entrants must be available to attend the Soccer AM studios in Osterley, Middlesex, UK on Dec 14th, and also Sat Jan 11th 2014 for the annual Soccer AM Crew Dance off. For the 6 entrants selected to appear on SoccerAM on Sat Dec 14th, Soccer AM will pay expenses of £50 per entrant. No other expenses or costs will be included. For the final winner who is selected to appear on Soccer AM on Sat Jan 11th 2014, Soccer AM will pay travel expenses of £100 and additionally provide accommodation for one night on Jan 10th 2014 for the winner and one guest. The room will be a twin room for one night on a bed and breakfast basis which is included in the rate, in a 4 star hotel close to the studios to be selected by Soccer AM. A Taxi from the hotel to studio, and afterwards to a central London train station will be organised and pre-paid, The prize does not include room service charges including but not limited to any food, beverages, telephone calls and other chargeable item or services used and does not include the use of other chargeable hotel services not described above. No other expenses or costs will be incurred. The prize does not include travel insurance, service charges, or any other service or item not specifically described above. The prize allows for the final winner's guest to have an audience place to watch Soccer AM. The winner will be notified of all travel and hotel details no later than 11am Thursday 9th Jan 2014.
10. The show will be televised. By participating in the television recording, entrants agree to allow any broadcaster the right to use the footage and giving them clearance throughout the world.
11. The prize winner(s) and his/her guest are responsible for making all applications and arrangements necessary and obtaining all visas to entitle them to travel to the Soccer AM studios..
12. All costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specifically provided herein (such as security fees, gratuities, meals, transportation and incidental charges) are the responsibility of the winner.
13. There is no cash alternative to the prize and unless agreed otherwise in writing the prize is non-refundable and non transferable.
14. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equivalent or greater monetary value if this is necessary for reasons beyond its control.
15. Except in the case of death or personal injury arising from its negligence or in respect of fraud and so far as is permitted by law, the Promoter and its associated companies and agents exclude responsibility and all liabilities arising from the enjoyment of the prize; and/or any postponement, cancellation, delay or changes to the prize beyond the Promoter's control; and for any act or default of any third party supplier.
16. The terms and conditions of any other third party supplier will also apply to the prize where applicable. If there is a conflict between third party terms and conditions and these terms and conditions, these shall take precedence.
17. The Promoter will not be liable for any prize(s) that do not reach the winners for reasons beyond the Promoter's reasonable control.
18. If the winners cannot be contacted within a reasonable time period or are not able or available to accept the prize for any reason which is beyond the Promoter's reasonable control, then the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to another entrant.
19. The Promoter's decision is final and binding in all respects on all entrants. No correspondence will be entered into. Entries that do not comply in full with these entry terms and conditions will be disqualified.
20. Details of the prize winners' first name and county will be available for one month after the close of this promotion by writing to the Promoter at the address below and stating the name and date of the promotion.
21. The name, county and photograph of the winners may be used by the Promoter and its associated companies for post-event publicity purposes. The winners agree to allow the Promoter to use their name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional remuneration.
22. In addition to the use specified above, the Promoter will use each winner's, and each entrant's, personal details for the purpose of administering this promotion.
23. The Promoter may refuse or disqualify any entry (including winning entries) if the entrant concerned or anyone authorised by the entrant to deal with their entry, acts in a way towards the Promoter, other entrants or Sky staff which the Promoter reasonably considers to be inappropriate, unlawful or offensive. If the winning entry is disqualified the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to another entrant.
24. Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions and agreed to be bound by them when entering this Promotion.
25. This Promotion, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. You irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this Promotion.
Promoter: British Sky Broadcasting Limited, Grant Way, Isleworth, Middlesex TW7 5QD.