Premier League: Scott Sinclair wants first-team football at Manchester City
Last Updated: 11/08/14 2:16pm
Manchester City winger Scott Sinclair says he will leave the club if he is not able to secure first-team football.
The 25-year-old, who joined City from Swansea in August 2012, has struggled to break into the City first XI, making just three starts in his two years with the club.
Last season he was sent out on loan to West Brom, but made only 11 appearances for the Baggies.
However, he came on as a late substitute in Sunday’s Community Shield, which City lost 3-0 to Arsenal.
"Personally I'm just looking to play as many games as possible - I don't know what the future holds," said Sinclair. "If the manager is going to give me game time, then I would love to stay.
"But if that's not the case I'm sure I'll have to go elsewhere and to play more.
"I'm just taking every game as it comes. I've played a lot in pre-season so hopefully that continues."
Sinclair is not the only young English player to move to the Etihad and struggle to secure regular first-team football.
Jack Rodwell joined City from Everton for £12million in the same month as Sinclair, but left the club last week to join Sunderland after making just 25 appearances in two years.
"I got a lot of game time in pre-season which has been great, that's what I want," Sinclair added. "I've been playing 90 minutes and scored a few goals as well.
"As long as I get on and I'm trying to get the minutes, I can only do so well when I get my chance."