Mutu in Mourinho war
By Paul Higham
Last Updated: 01/01/70 1:00am
Adrian Mutu says that a bitter battle with Jose Mourinho could force him to leave Chelsea.Adrian Mutu says that a bitter battle with Jose Mourinho could force him to leave Chelsea.
Mutu has made just two substitute appearances for The Blues so far this season, and appears to be down Mourinho's pecking order for strikers.
The Romanian marksman was said to be unavailable for his country's World Cup qualifier against Czech Republic due to injury - but has flown out to join his international team-mates regardless.
The 25-year-old says he is embroiled in battle with the Stamford Bridge boss, and has hit out at the Portuguese tactician.
"I am in an open conflict with Mourinho," blazed Mutu. "Who forbade me to go to my national team and said I was injured.
"It is not true - I have been in good condition for five days and he knew that.
"I don't care about being fined. I want everyone to know that the national team is the most important thing for me."
Mutu says that Mourinho has gone back on his promise of regular action for Chelsea, and has insisted he was fit enough to be in the squad for Sunday's match with Liverpool - when he was left out altogether.
The bitter battle between the two could spell the end of Mutu's spell at Chelsea as he says he may be forced out of the club.
"I told Mourinho I was fit," Mutu added to The Sun.
"He disagreed and showed me a piece of paper from the medical staff claiming I wasn't. But I know I am fit.
"Mourinho has promised me that I would play in the first team for some games. Then I wasn't even in the squad and I don't understand why.
"Probably the only solution, even if I don't want it, is to find another team."
|Title: Arsenal 4/7, Chelsea 15/8, Man Utd 7/1, Liverpool 80/1, bar 125/1 - |
Click here for full odds with Sky Bet