Andrade Blues link played down
By Francisco Acedo
Last Updated: 01/01/70 1:00am
Deportivo have denied that Chelsea have made a move for Jorge Andrade.
Deportivo La Coruna have dismissed claims that Chelsea have lodged a loan offer for Jorge Andrade.
The Premiership champions are woefully short of defensive cover and Jose Mourinho is understood to be scouring the world for reinforcements.
Andrade is fully fit after overcoming a serious knee injury and The Blues were reported to be looking to make a move for the impressive central defender.
The 28-year-old has long been linked with a move to England, but a transfer has never materialised.
President Augusto Cesar Lendoiro is understood to be willing to listen to offers, but a loan is not believed to appeal to the Spanish supremo.
When contacted by skysports.com, a Deportivo spokesman confirmed that no official offer had been made for Andrade.
The player himself, who was also wanted by Barcelona and Valencia last summer, says he is not surprised by the latest link with Chelsea.
"Many times my name appears in relation with English football and especially Chelsea because Mourinho was my boss in Porto, but never has the deal been finished," he said.
Andrade is still building up his fitness and he is currently preparing for Saturday's match against Real Madrid.
"My priority now is to play in the match against Real Madrid this Saturday," he added.