Big Sam: Ben Haim going nowhere
By Andrew Scurr
Last Updated: 01/01/70 1:00am
Sam Allardyce has ruled out letting Tal Ben Haim leave Bolton in January.
Bolton boss Sam Allardyce has ruled out letting Tal Ben Haim leave the club in the January transfer window.
Media reports on Wednesday linked Chelsea with a renewed bid for the Israeli international defender.
However, Allardyce has rejected the rumours, with Ben Haim expected to see out his contract before moving on in the summer.
"There won't be anyone going out now," Allardyce told The Bolton News.
Allardyce has revealed that Chelsea have never made a firm offer for the stopper, although discussions did take place.
Negotiations between Bolton chairman Phil Gartside and Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon broke down earlier in the month.
Allardyce said: "There has never really been an offer on the table.
"There's been a lot of discussion but never really an offer to consider accepting."