Moses raring to go
Victor Moses is ready to grab his chance as he prepares to make his Chelsea debut against QPR on Saturday.
Last Updated: 14/09/12 10:10am
Chelsea new boy Victor Moses is ready to grab his chance as he prepares to make his debut against QPR in the west London derby on Saturday.
Moses switched to Roberto Di Matteo's Blues in a £9million summer transfer from Wigan.
The 21-year-old, who was born in Nigeria but moved to London at the age of 11, joined Wigan from Crystal Palace in January 2010 and feels he is ready to make an impact back in the capital after learning under Latics boss Roberto Martinez.
He told the Daily Mirror: "I feel like I am back home - I feel excited to be here again - but it has been good being away.
"Playing at Wigan developed my character. Roberto Martinez is a great manager and he loves to play football. Having a manager like him encourages you to play the football in the right way and carry yourself in a more professional way. It was great working with him.
"Even last month, Roberto (Martinez) was always talking to me to get the transfer speculation out of my head. He just wanted me to concentrate on the football.
"Now Di Matteo likes to play football the same way. They are similar. I think that will make it easier for me to adapt at Chelsea."
Another summer signing, Eden Hazard, has already made a big impact at Stamford Bridge and Moses wants to emulate the Belgium international when he gets his chance on the pitch.
"He is pretty impressive," said Moses.
"He has still got loads to prove but you can see what he has done in the three games he has played in the Premier League. He is a great player and he can make it even bigger than he has so far.
"I have played in the Premier League before - it is not my first time. When I do get my chance, I have just got to go out there and grab it.
"It depends where the manager is going to play me. I am comfortable playing anywhere up front. I just want to enjoy myself and play football."