Duo set for Anfield
By Alex Livie
Last Updated: 01/01/70 1:00am
The pair were bought by The Reds last summer, but they allowed Le Havre to keep them in France for a season in a bid to increase their experience.
Le Havre said earlier in the month that they would try and keep the duo for an extra season, even if they were relegated.
However, Reds chief Gerard Houllier said on Saturday that relegation for Le Havre would almost certainly result in the pair being on Merseyside for pre-season training.
The French tactician said: "Whether they stay there depends on their club being in the top flight.
"If Le Havre stay up then we may leave them there for another six months, we'll see. In an ideal world I would like them to come over here as soon as possible because it takes time to settle over here.
"You can see that with Milan Baros. It took him time to learn the language and to get used to the game."
He added: "They may need six months or a year to play in the reserves and to get used to football before they are ready for the first team. They are two gems, I can tell you that, but remember they are still only 18."
The indications are that Anfield could well be the stage where the burgeoning talents ply their trade next term.