Di Vaio rules out Reds swap
By Peter ORourke
Last Updated: 01/01/70 1:00am
Marco Di Vaio has ruled out being involved in swap deal for Fernando Morientes.
Valencia's Marco Di Vaio has ruled out being involved in swap deal for Liverpool's Fernando Morientes.
Reports have suggested Valencia are ready to offer the Italian in exchange for Morientes.
Morientes' future at Liverpool looks uncertain after a disappointing campaign last term and a number of Spanish clubs are keeping tabs on the former Real Madrid player's situation.
Valencia are hoping by offering Di Vaio in exchange, Liverpool may be prepared to do a deal for Morientes, but Di Vaio insists he has no intention of joining the FA Cup winners.
"They (Valencia) have spoken to me about that proposal," said Di Vaio.
"Valencia wants Morientes, but I don't want to know anything about a possible exchange.
"I'm not going to go where I don't want, more so, if it means that another player joins Valencia. I'm not a parcel, I have a family."
Di Vaio spent the last six months of the season on loan at Monaco and he is hoping to win a permanent move to The Principality.
"I already told (Valencia sporting director Amedeo) Carboni that I will do everything possible to remain at Monaco," added Di Vaio.
"Monaco is my priority. If that cannot be, then I will consider other offers.
"Although I want to stay at Monaco, I don't think the club will play é¼6 million (£4million) for me because I am 30 and that is a large amount of money for them."Meanwhile, Liverpool are set to make a second application to win a work permit for Mark Gonzalez.
The Reds were frustrated in their attempts to sign Gonzalez last season when they could not secure a work permit for the Chile international.
Gonzalez spent the second half of last season on loan at Real Sociedad and the winger impressed at the Basque outfit.
Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez is keen to have Gonzalez on board for next season and Reds chief executive Rick Parry revealed the club are in the process of applying for a work permit again.
"There are many different factors this time," said Parry.
"Firstly, we're signing Mark on a permanent deal, whereas a year ago it was initially a one-season loan.
"He's also fully fit having recovered from the serious injury he had this time last year, and Chile have also broken into the world's top 70 in the Fifa rankings.
"We'll be making the new work permit application on June 1."