Kewell issues Reds warning
By James Pearson
Last Updated: 01/01/70 1:00am
Liverpool's Harry Kewell says he will be out of action for at least another four months.
Liverpool's Harry Kewell says he will be out of action for at least another four months after undergoing foot and groin surgery in Australia.
Kewell was injured while playing for Australia in last summer's World Cup in Germany and is yet to play for Rafa Benitez's charges this season.
The 28-year-old underwent surgery last Friday and despite everyone being pleased with the operations, it is going to be sometime before he dons a Reds shirt again.
The former Leeds winger is set to meet up with his surgeons this week, and if he is given the thumbs up he will return to England to continue his rehabilitation.
"It's going to be a while, we're looking past February," explained the Australian international.
"I'm just itching to get back into playing. My foot is a bit sore at the moment and my groin is a bit sore at the moment.
"I just had (surgery) on Friday and the surgeons are very happy. I meet up with them again on Friday and if they give me the all-clear I'm back off to England.
"It's been a long hard thing for me, seven weeks so far, and I'm really looking forward to going home and seeing my family."