Redknapp: Taylor is not for sale
By Simon Fudge
Last Updated: 01/01/70 1:00am
The 21-year-old is said to be attracting the interest of Premiership sides Chelsea, Middlesbrough and Tottenham Hotspur as the transfer window opens at the beginning of next month.
However, the former Bournemouth and West Ham manager warned that Taylor is staying at Fratton Park to help launch Pompey into The Premiership next season.
Redknapp told The News: "We've not had any contact from anyone about Matty. But it wouldn't make any difference - we don't want to sell him anyway.
"We're looking to get out of this division, not stay in it."
Taylor himself is keen to stay with the Division One leaders and continue playing first team football instead of being stuck in the reserves with a Premiership side.
Taylor said: "I wanted to come here to improve myself and I'm delighted with the way things have gone."
Meanwhile, Redknapp has received a boost by the news that Italian defender Gianluca Festa may return to action on New Year's Day.
The former Middlesbrough player had suffered knee ligament damage six weeks ago and was initially ruled out until February.
However, Festa seems to have had a surprisingly quick recovery from the injury and may be slotted in for Pompey's match at Watford on January 1.
Redknapp added: "When he got injured we expected him to be out for three months.
"But we hope to have him back training with us again next week.
"The lads who have stepped into Luca's place have been first class. I couldn't have asked for more.
"But he's a very good player and it will be a big plus to have him back with us.
"Hopefully we'll have him fit again for the Watford game."
Festa had been in excellent form since his free transfer move from The Riverside.