Transfer news: Bernard agent rules out Tottenham as Porto take pole position
Bernard's agent insists the midfielder will not be joining Tottenham or Dortmund, with Porto favourites to land him.
By Paulo Freitas
Last Updated: 02/07/13 3:00pm
Spurs have been linked with a couple of Brazilians this summer and appear set to sign Paulinho after he revealed on Monday that an agreement had been reached to take him to White Hart Lane.
But it does not look as though he will be joined in London by Bernard, who was also a part of the winning Confederations Cup squad, as the 20-year-old's representative says talks have stalled.
A switch to Champions League finalists Dortmund has also been ruled out, while Shakhtar Donetsk have yet to submit an offer after also being credited with an interest.
Agent Adriano Spadoto told O Tempo: "The negotiations with Dortmund and Tottenham have cooled due to Bernard's high asking price, and he won't go to any of these clubs.
"There is nothing from Shakhtar, they have made no offer."
Porto now look to be in pole position to land Bernard's signature, especially as the BMG bank have connections with the Portuguese club and also Mineiro.
"The agreement (with BMG) is a factor, so Porto are the most likely destination for Bernard," said Spadoto.
"I believe that Bernard will leave Atletico Mineiro after the Copa Libertadores and the official announcement will be made by (Mineiro president) Alexandre Kalil."