Fulham boss Felix Magath insists he has not fallen out with on-loan striker Darren Bent
Fulham manager Felix Magath is adamant there has been no bust-up between himself and striker Darren Bent.
Last Updated: 04/04/14 2:26pm
The pair appeared to be at loggerheads following the 3-1 defeat by Everton at Craven Cottage last weekend as mixed messages emerged over the forward's fitness.
Having selected the on-loan Aston Villa forward on the bench and started unknown 17-year-old Moussa Dembele, Magath stated Bent was carrying a knock that prevented him from coming on, a claim that was denied by the player.
A family bereavement forced Bent to miss the 1-1 draw with West Brom on 22 February and he has made only two appearances in the five matches since.
The 30-year-old is unavailable for Saturday's clash with Villa under the terms of his loan agreement.
And adding to the disquiet at Fulham are reports that owner Shahid Khan is ready to sack Magath with the team rooted to the foot of the Premier League, five points adrift of safety with just six games remaining.
But Magath insists his relationship with Bent is good and that the speculation over his future is unfounded.
"There are no problems with Darren. We had a special situation and he had some days off for private reasons and that unsettled him," Magath said.
"He didn't join us for the game against West Brom so there were a few things that were not really good.
"On Friday he stopped training and left the pitch to see the medical staff. He didn't train.
"On Saturday he was better and he told me 'I'm fine' so I decided to name him on the bench because he's a player we need.
"But the risk of letting him play was too high because he had been unable to train on Friday. It's normal you have discussion about such things.
"Now somebody was writing I'm out. You always have such subjects where nobody knows where it comes from. It doesn't matter.
"He came to me on Tuesday and we talked together. It's fine for me."