Coleman warns off Toon
By Tom Adams
Last Updated: 01/01/70 1:00am
Chris Coleman has warned Newcastle off a move for Fulham's Luis Boa Morte.Chris Coleman has warned Newcastle off a move for Portuguese star Luis Boa Morte.
Toon boss Graeme Souness expressed an interest in the Fulham forward on Friday, although Coleman is unlikely to let the player go without a fight.
Newcastle had previously been linked with a £2 million swoop, a figure Coleman later described as an insult.
However Newcastle have already spent big in January and Boa Morte would be a welcome addition to an injury ravaged Toon frontline.
Coleman is determined to hold on to the 27-year-old as the London club may face a relegation battle in the coming months, and is looking to extend the contract of the pacey Portuguese man.
"If Graeme Souness is interested he needs to speak with me," said the Cottagers boss.
"But he will only be told Boa is not for sale and never has been. It's not something we would even consider.
"Boa is an important member of our squad and we are very close to agreeing a new contract with him."