Transfer deadline day: Eliaquim Mangala to stay at Porto after Manchester City link
Porto defender Eliaquim Mangala has announced that he will not be leaving the Portuguese champions this summer.
Last Updated: 02/09/13 5:32pm
Manchester City had been linked with a late move for the centre-back despite only signing Martin Demichelis from Atletico Madrid over the weekend.
Reports in Portugal had suggested that Manuel Pellegrini was interested in bringing in another centre-back and had set his sights on Mangala, but the 22-year-old says he will not be going anywhere.
Mangala, who joined from Standard Liege in 2011, is happy to stay at the Estadio do Dragao and is looking forward to continuing his Porto career after France's upcoming internationals.
"I will not leave FC Porto," Mangala told O Jogo. "On September 11, I'm back."