Carew looking to prove his fitness to Fulham
By Peter O`Rourke
Last Updated: 01/01/70 1:00am
The giant Norwegian saw a proposed switch to London earlier this month collapse over fears about his fitness, but Carew is determined to show Fulham that there is nothing wrong with him.
The 22-year-old has successfully undergone a stringent medical to allay fears over his fitness and Valencia are to send it to Fulham hoping that it may rekindle their interest in him.
The former Rosenborg ace is out of favour at The Mestalla and he would like a move away for regular first-team football and Valencia are willing to let him go for the right price.
"The first objective was to clarify that Carew does not suffer any medical problems and that has been found to be the case," said a Valencia spokesman.
"The following step will be to send a copy of the information to Fulham so that they clearly know all is well and we will wait for their response."
Carew, however, has maintained that he is happy to stay in Spain.
"I am very contented in Valencia," he said.
"I am trying to get back into the first eleven, I would not leave if I was in the team."
Fulham could make a new move for Carew in the wake of these revelations as they are facing a major crisis up front.
Louis Saha is missing after picking up a broken nose in last week's FA Cup replay with Wycombe and Barry Hayles is set to miss a number of games after being charged with misconduct by The Football Association.
Luis Boa Morte joined the casualty list on Saturday after suffering knee ligament damage in the draw at Sunderland, leaving Cottagers boss Jean Tigana short of options in attack.