Hodgson warns strike duo
Roy Hodgson has warned Andy Johnson and Bobby Zamora that their starting places are under threat if they do not start to produce.
Last Updated: 08/11/08 11:53am
Fulham boss Roy Hodgson has warned Andy Johnson and Bobby Zamora that their starting places are under threat if they do not start to produce.
The pair moved to Craven Cottage for more than £15 million in the summer as Hodgson spent big in the hope of avoiding a repeat of his side's relegation troubles last season.
They have started the last four games but the only return has been a brace from Johnson against Wigan, while Zamora has found the net just once, back in September.
Hodgson believes this return of three goals is not good enough - especially given the Cottagers precarious league position, and he is set to ring the changes soon if their goal tally does not improve, starting with the game against Newcastle on Sunday, which is being shown live on Sky Sports 1 at 4pm.
He told The Sun: "They are both players who can score goals at Premier League level.
"But, having said that, I know they are not happy with what they have achieved over the last four or five games.
"They need to produce as soon as possible because time runs out on you.
"They are working hard in training to improve their scoring but they would not expect me to sing their praises for what has happened so far because they know they have a lot more to give."