No new Blues bid for Moses
Roberto Martinez says Wigan have still not received an offer for Victor Moses which matches their valuation.
Last Updated: 23/08/12 12:27pm
Roberto Martinez says Wigan have still not received an offer for Victor Moses which matches their valuation and is proud to have such a player at the club.
Chelsea have been heavily linked with a move for Moses throughout the summer but have so far failed to make an offer in line with Wigan's asking price, believed to be in the region of £9million, with only a few days left in the transfer window.
The 21-year-old Nigeria international put in an impressive performance against Chelsea as the Blues won 2-0 at the DW Stadium on Sunday.
But speaking on Thursday morning at a press conference to preview his side's trip to Southampton on Saturday, Martinez said nothing had changed with regard to the matter.
Asked if there had been any further developments on the Moses front, the Spaniard said "not at all", and pressed as to whether or not he had heard anything from Chelsea, Martinez replied: "No. You are asking the wrong man, in that respect."
The Latics boss stressed that until an acceptable bid was made, all speculation on the subject was simply 'cheap talk'.
He said: "You will get all sorts of speculation and talk, but the reality is, every player has a valuation. If a club matches that valuation, then maybe you have to sit down with the player and there is a decision to be made.
"Here, for all the talk and speculation, we have never had an offer which matches what the club wants - so at that point, all the rest is cheap talk.
"Victor is an incredible young man and I think the maturity he showed on Sunday is not normal in a 21-year-old.
"It has been a real joy to see him grow over the last few seasons. We made a massive investment in him as a young man and we are very proud of him.
"If there is nothing to consider, it is not an issue."