Lisbie on the mend after op
By Alex Livie
Last Updated: 01/01/70 1:00am
Kevin Lisbie is recovering in hospital after having a tumour removed from his nose.Charlton striker Kevin Lisbie is recovering in hospital after having a non-malignant tumour removed from his nose.
The 27-year-old had been troubled by a series of nosebleeds in recent weeks and a specialist unearthed the benign growth and recommended an immediate operation.
Lisbie was treated on Friday and spent Saturday on a ventilator in intensive care.
It has been confirmed the operation was a complete success and Lisbie is expected to make a full recovery over the course of the summer.
Wayne Diesel, the head of Charlton's medical department, said: "The operation went exceptionally well and Kevin was taken off the ventilator early on Sunday morning.
"When I saw him after the match on Sunday he was fully awake, talking to his family and very relieved that everything was over."
Addicks chief Alan Curbishley is pleased Lisbie has been given a clean bill of health.
"Our thoughts have been with Kevin over the last few days," said Curbishley.
"It's something that has been bothering him for the last month. It was a major operation but we're pleased it's been a success and we're looking forward to him coming out of hospital soon."