Addicks shelve Bougherra bid
By Mark Buckingham
Last Updated: 01/01/70 1:00am
Charlton have ended their interest in signing Sheff Wed defender Madjid Bougherra.
Charlton Athletic have ended their interest in signing Sheffield Wednesday defender Madjid Bougherra.
The Owls rejected a £1.3million offer from the Premiership strugglers last week and reports suggested a revised bid would be submitted.
Bougherra had also claimed that he wanted the opportunity to discuss a move to the top flight, with Everton also monitoring his situation.
But Wednesday chief executive Kaven Walker has now revealed that Charlton are no longer looking to sign the centre-half.
"Charlton's chief executive Peter Varney told me personally they are no longer interested," Walker told the Sheffield Star.
"They have moved on, but there is further interest.
"I cam make no further comment beyond that, but there is always going to be interest in him."
Owls boss Brian Laws told Sky Sports News on Monday that he believes Bougherra can play in the Premiership, but will not allow the Algerian to leave Hillsborough for less than the club's valuation.