Leeds rule out Stokes bid
Leeds boss Gary McAllister says he will not make a renewed attempt to sign Anthony Stokes.
Last Updated: 10/09/08 12:37pm
Leeds United boss Gary McAllister says he will not make a renewed attempt to sign Sunderland striker Anthony Stokes.
The Republic of Ireland international has been restricted to just one substitute's appearance for Sunderland so far this season.
Black Cats manager Roy Keane admitted over the weekend that he would be prepared to send Stokes out on loan in the coming weeks.
Sheffield Wednesday have been linked with a bid, while reports have also claimed that Leeds want to take the 21-year-old to Elland Road.
But, having tried to sign Stokes last season, McAllister has no plans to move for the former Arsenal youngster again.
"He was a player we enquired about last season and he didn't want to come here," McAllister told the club's official website.
"If players are reluctant to take an opportunity here, then it's not something we pursue, so that was the end of it as far as I am concerned."