Corr denies exit story
By Lewis Rutledge
Last Updated: 01/01/70 1:00am
Barry Corr has denied reports that he walked out of Sheffield Wednesday.
Barry Corr has denied reports that he walked out of Sheffield Wednesday earlier in the week.
Corr insists there is no truth in the story, which appeared in a national newspaper, and that he has been continuing to train with the rest of the squad.
"The story is a complete lie," said the striker.
"I have been working hard in training in a bid to be considered for a first-team place at Sheffield Wednesday."
A club statement added: "The story is completely untrue and Barry Corr has continued to train with the club throughout this week and remains a full member of the Sheffield Wednesday squad."
Owls manager Brian Laws, meanwhile, has described the idea of settling drawn matches with penalty shoot-outs as 'ludicrous'.
Football League chairmen and chief executives have discussed the possibility of introducing shoot-outs after the suggestion was put forward by a survey of fans.
However, Laws believes the current system of awarding one point to each team is the best way to continue.
"I listened to the idea on the radio last night and it's ludicrous," said Laws.
"The plan is to make the game more exciting, but it could just encourage teams to hold out for the draw to get the points via a penalty shoot-out.
"It could make the game more negative. You've got to be very careful when you start looking at changing the rules of the game.
"To get an equaliser in the 90th minute is just as exciting as getting a win and to even suggest it (the new proposals) is ridiculous."