Hatters extend Perrett deal
By Tom Adams
Last Updated: 01/01/70 1:00am
Luton have handed defender Russell Perrett a new one-year deal.Luton Town have continued their Championship preparations by retaining the services of defender Russell Perrett.
The former Cardiff City man has been anything but a first team fixture this season due to the sensational form of Curtis Davies and Chris Coyne - with both stoppers selected in the PFA League One team of the year.
However Hatters boss Mike Newell has seen fit to award Perrett with a new one-year deal as the Bedfordshire side gear up to challenge in the second tier of English football.
The 31-year-old has made just nine league appearances this season, although finished the campaign on a high as he scored in the last game against Doncaster.
Midfielder Peter Holmes is still waiting to be told of his place in Newell's plans, whilst star striker Steve Howard has yet to commit his future to the League One champions.
Meanwhile Newell told the club's official website that Carlos Edwards will move to Kenilworth Road on July 1, as previously confirmed by the player's agent to skysports.com.