Ince lines up more signings
Paul Ince expects to follow up the signing of Sam Sodje with new captures, including his son Thomas Ince.
Last Updated: 01/11/10 3:48pm
Paul Ince expects to follow up the signing of Sam Sodje with the capture of his son Thomas Ince and right-back Stephen Darby.
Ince, who succeeded Craig Short as Notts County manager last week, snapped up defender Sodje on Monday morning and is now looking to complete a hat-trick of signings.
The former England international, who managed MK Dons last season, has named 18-year-old Liverpool midfielder Thomas Ince and former Swindon right-back Darby as imminent captures.
"I've just brought my son in from Liverpool, not because he's my son but because he's a very good player," Ince told Sky Sports News HD.
"I've brought in Stephen Derby, the right-back, who spent all last year at Swindon and played in the play-off final.
"So fresh faces, a bit of youth. You've got to have that mixture of experience and youth. That's the cocktail I want at this club."
Ince is delighted with new signing Sodje, insisting the opportunity to tie down the former Charlton defender was too good to miss.
"He scored against us last year when I was at Milton Keynes, (he was) very good in both boxes," he said.
"So when he became available he was someone we couldn't pass up on.
"He's aggressive, he's a leader, he's strong. And it's competition. It's competition for places and that's what you've got to have at these football clubs."
Ince is unlikely to risk Sodje at Hartlepool on Tuesday evening as the stopper strives for match fitness, but revealed he could play a part in FA Cup action against Gateshead at the weekend.
"I think we'll assess how he is today, he's going to train today," added Ince.
"He hasn't played for six weeks. Maybe it might be a little bit too early for him.
"Maybe the Gateshead game on Saturday might be one where we can lightly introduce him."