McCall upset talks made public
Stuart McCall is disappointed after Huddersfield made public Bradford's approach for Luke Beckett.
Last Updated: 11/05/08 2:10pm
Bradford boss Stuart McCall has expressed his disappointment after Huddersfield made public their approach for striker Luke Beckett.
The Terriers published details of the Bantams' approach for the 31-year-old on their official website, despite having not yet reached a final agreement for the player
McCall believes this has put pressure on the deal and wishes the matter had remained between the two clubs.
"I'm disappointed it's come out. It puts everyone under pressure with people asking what's going on.
"We went through the right channels before speaking to him: we met the requirements with his club and it's been a good discussion," said McCall, who does not anticipate an immediate decision on whether he has captured the striker.
Beckett was Huddersfield's top scorer last season with 12 goals but has been told he can leave by new boss Stan Ternent.
In more transfer news, goalkeeper Jonathan McLaughlin has become McCall's first signing of the summer.
The 20-year-old has signed from non-league Harrogate Town after training with the League Two outfit for the second-half of the season under the guidance of former England keeper Nigel Martyn.
McCall is looking for a new first-choice keeper after releasing Donovan Ricketts, Ben Saynor and Jamie Waite last week and McLaughlin is set to act as understudy to the new arrival.
* On Sunday, the annual service of remembrance was held for the 56 football supporters who died in the Bradford Fire Disaster on 11th May 1985.