No new bids for Naismith
Jim Jefferies admits there has been no fresh interest since Steven Naismith withdrew his transfer request.
By Mark Buckingham
Last Updated: 06/08/07 10:33am
Jim Jefferies admits there has been no fresh interest since Kilmarnock striker Steven Naismith withdrew his transfer request.
The Scotland Under 21 international was given permission to speak to Celtic last week, but was not contacted by the Scottish champions.
Prior to Sunday's 0-0 draw with Celtic at Parkhead, Naismith withdrew his request to leave Rugby Park.
Though Kilmarnock remain prepared to sell the youngster for £2million, manager Jefferies confirmed the trail has gone quiet.
"Anything that has gone before is in the past and if anybody wants to talk to the club about the player then it starts afresh," said Jefferies after the game with Celtic.
"Since he withdrew his transfer nobody has been in touch and I hope it stays like that.
"I'm glad it's all been put to bed now. If it happens, it happens, and if it doesn't Steven says he will not bother too much about it.
"We have never changed the value and if a bid comes in - and I hope it doesn't - then we would never hold him back.
"Steven wants to play every week and that's no bad thing. He will be a wanted man in the next transfer window, the one after that and the one after that.
"He has played well for two season and he has a great future ahead of him."