Brown dismisses Prem bid
Celtic's Scott Brown insists he knew nothing about a £9m bid to lure him to the Premiership.
By Stephen Bramley
Last Updated: 04/09/07 2:40pm
Celtic's Scott Brown insists he knew nothing about a £9m bid to lure him to the Premier League.
The Parkhead club reportedly declined an opportunity to double their money on the Scotland midfielder only hours before their penalty shoot-out victory over Spartak Moscow.
But Brown, who joined The Hoops from Hibs for £4.4million in the summer, says he would not have been interested in a move south even if it had been put to him.
"I don't know anything about it, but I'm delighted to be at Celtic and I definitely see my myself playing here for the next few years," Brown told the Glasgow Herald.
The 22-year-old admits he joined Celtic for the chance to play in the Champions League and is looking forward to playing in the group games against Milan, Benfica and Shakhtar Donetsk.
"The chance of playing in the Champions League was why I signed for Celtic and I'm so glad we got through the qualifier," he added.
"The atmosphere at the (Spartak) match was unbelievable, along with my Scotland debut, that was the highlight of my career."
Brown is set to pick up his fifth international cap on Saturday when Alex McLeish's men take on Lithuania in their Euro 2008 qualifier at Hampden Park.