Barca deny Cesc reports
Barcelona have rejected speculation that Arsenal have told them to double their offer to land Cesc Fabregas.
Last Updated: 07/06/10 9:23pm
Barcelona have rejected speculation that Arsenal have told the Catalans to double their offer to land Cesc Fabregas.
The Catalan giants had a €35million (£29m) offer for the Arsenal skipper rejected last week.
Reports on Monday suggested Arsenal are now prepared to accept an offer - if Barca increase their bid to €70m (£58m).
But Barcelona director general Joan Oliver has rejected this speculation, insisting they have heard nothing from the Gunners.
He said: "They said they would not sell, it's logical therefore that they have not set a price for him.
"We made a formal offer. The only official response we have from Arsenal is that they are not ready to sell the player, for which it would be difficult for them to be putting a price when they say they are not selling."
While Oliver was keen to add that in Barca's favour is Fabregas' "desire to come", he admits it will be impossible without either the green light from Arsenal or Fabregas - who is under contract with the Gunners until 2015 - forcing his club's hand.
"On our part, after having made an offer we are ready to sign the deal this very morning," Oliver continued.
"We still have time to do it, but it is a deal we cannot do just by ourselves."