Cassano eyed by Old Lady
By Nadia Carminati
Last Updated: 01/01/70 1:00am
Reports emanating from the Italian press continue to link Antonio Cassano with Juventus.Reports emanating from the Italian press continue to intimate that Juventus are planning a summer swoop for Antonio Cassano.
The Bianconeri have previously rejected talk of a move for the talented-but-temperamental striker but despite their pleas to the contrary, it is expected that they will mount a bid at the season's close.
Real Madrid remain strong suitors, whilst Milan have stated they are not interested, despite the fact the player is certain to leave Roma when his contract expires in June.
The fact that the diminutive forward has refused to put pen-to-paper on a new deal has resulted in him being ostracized for the majority of the present campaign - only making his comeback to Roma's first team on Sunday.
After an enforced absence, Cassano's comeback game at the weekend proved a success - with Italy boss Marcello Lippi admitting that he had not ruled out handing the player a World Cup place.
''Should he play in a good way, Cassano will be under consideration,'' said Lippi.
''As there is seven months before the World Cup, I do not see why a player who plays in a good way should not be under consideration.
''All Serie A players, from 18 to 40 years old, have the possibility of being called up.''
Whilst Cassano is reportedly a target for the Old Lady, his team-mate, Cristian Chivu, admits that he too would not be adverse to working again for former Roma coach and present Juve tactician Fabio Capello.
''He (Capello) took me to Roma,'' Chivu told Sky Italia.
''I'd like to come back and work for him. Capello is a big coach. With him, titles are won.
''For the moment I stay with Roma. I have two-and-a-half years left. Then in football, you never know. It doesn't depend on the player.''