Ronaldo negotiations drag on
By Tom Adams
Last Updated: 01/01/70 1:00am
Real Madrid and Milan have so far failed to agree on a transfer fee for Ronaldo.
The protracted negotiations for Ronaldo's transfer from Real Madrid to Milan will continue on into Tuesday after the two clubs failed to find an agreement over a transfer fee.
The World Cup's all-time leading goalscorer has already passed a medical with the Rossoneri and has burnt his bridges with Real after enduring a nightmare season under Fabio Capello.
However his return to Serie A -where he spent five years with Internazionale - is still on hold as the two European giants continue to haggle over é¼1million (£650,000) for the Brazilian superstar.
Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani has been locked in talks in the Spanish capital but emerged from the Bernabeu on Monday night to confirm that negotiations have now been temporarily suspended.
"There is no agreement at the moment," said Galliani.
"We will meet again tomorrow (Tuesday) to continue negotiating.
"We have offered seven million euros (£4.6million) and Real want eight (£5.3million) and we haven't agreed on the payment conditions either."
It still seems somewhat inconceivable that Ronaldo will not complete a return to Serie A, and the Italian press have been speculating that other players could form part of the deal that seals his exit from Los Merengues.
However Galliani has now clarified that Ronaldo is the only figure involved in the drawn-out talks.
"[Ricardo] Oliveira in the negotiation? We don't talk about Oliveira, [Antonio] Cassano or Kaka, as someone wrote," Galliani told Antenna 3. "We are only talking about Ronaldo.
"I'm not optimistic or pessimistic. Ronaldo absolutely wants to come to Milan, we want him as well, but we can't accept all Real's requests."