Baraldi gives Stankovic deadline
By Nadia Carminati
Last Updated: 01/01/70 1:00am
The Serbia & Montenegro star has thus far failed to agree terms on an extension to his Stadio Olimpico deal which expires next summer, as the two are thought to be poles apart in terms of finances.
Baraldi revealed last week that talks with his attacking ace are not progressing as well as he had hoped, which may force the Roman club to cash in on their prize asset rather than risk losing him for nothing.
"If we aren't able to come to an agreement within 15 days, we must consider the option of selling the player in January," revealed Baraldi in a radio interview.
"Because there is the serious risk that Lazio won't earn a single euro from this."
Baraldi's words may be a sign that the club no longer have confidence in reviving the deal as there is a delay in further talks with Stankovic's agent Vinicio Fioreanelli.
Baraldi though, added the club will continue to go forward, with or without the player, and revealed that a club has already enquired about him, thought to be Juventus or Internazionale.
He added: "There is a delay in negotiations. But until now, we haven't opened negotiations for his sale.
"Someone asked about him but we never opened any talks.
"It is quite simple. For six months an agreement hasn't been found and obviously all is not well. However, things here at Lazio will go on."