Mancini: Life goes on
By Steve Luckings
Last Updated: 01/01/70 1:00am
Lazio boss Roberto Mancini says life at Lazio will go on without Dejan Stankovic as they drew 1-1 with surprise packages Sampdoria on Sunday.
After a fairly even first half the Biancocelesti dominated the second half and could have had a winner but for Aparecido Cesar's effort that hit the bar.
Inevitably most of the talk surrounded the departed Serbo-Montenegrin star who joined Internazionale last week, but Mancini said the club still have big ambitions while also reaffirming his commitment to Stadio Olimpico.
"The first half was close," Mancini commented after the Samp draw.
"In the second, we limited Sampdoria to few chances. But, anyway, they gave us a good match.
"We had a good chance to win with Cesar but he hit the bar.
"Stankovic? We have lost a big player but even without him we still have big aims.
"My future? I still have huge enthusiasm and I'll keep doing my best."
Samp counterpart Walter Novellino thought his side were unlucky to leave the capital with just a point but said he was pleased with his side's performance.
"We haven't been lucky today, but the most important thing was to put on a good performance here in Rome," opined Novellino.
"We played well and should have obtained more."